Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Diet's Back

Ahh... it was a real good run off the wagon... a real good run. Sure there are things I wish I had eaten when I was off, but I can't really look back. I just need to look ahead, maybe play it a little more cool next time - instead of a 3 week frenzy of shoveling food into my mouth, maybe make a list of the items I need to eat. That way I won't get back on the wagon with regrets longing for what could have been.

The diet I'm on, if anyone cares, is the Belly Off diet invented by Men's Health. I know you're already rolling your eyes and thinking that diets don't work. You're about to comment "dude, you can't diet, you need to change the way you eat. Diets don't work, a different lifestyle does." Well, guy, don't tell me how to live my life. Belly Off is kind of great. It tells me what to eat, when to eat it - and I even get a pdf of recipes and my grocery list for the week. It's teaching me how much to eat, and when to eat it, and what kind of stuff to eat for each time. So, look, it's good for me.

ANYWAY, while we're on the subject of food, what are your favorite "fall off the wagon" meals? This last go around for me was the 8piece chicken for $4.99 @ Popeye's. That was awesome. Notable mentions were: Rocket Pizza (the other night I successfully shoved an entire slice in my mouth at one time), D-Town Burger bar (burger and a chocolate shake), and Mike's homemade bread pudding. I know I'm leaving something out. Maybe Ms. Temple of Groom will remind me what I'm leaving out. Comment with your favorites!

3 comments:

  1. You are forgetting Cole's French Dip sandwiches...those yummy chocolate flourless yummies from Blue LA Cafe...my tuna fish.....I can't remember any more...but those foods pale in comparison to the bland turkey/guacamole sandwich we get to eat for lunch...lucky us! But at least we'll be skinny!!!! Wedding dress, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from New Orleans on Sunday dedicated to getting back on the wagon (it's been quite a while.) I've done well for a couple of days... but it's gonna be hard not having my weekly Pizza Rustica, Halftime meal from Bru's Room (half rack of ribs, 8 wings, side of fries), and weekday beer. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barky, I forgot about the french dip sandwiches, yep... they were good to me. As for the chocolate flourless cakes at Blu, they are flourless, which I think means they are healthy.

    Ben, I could eat my weight in gumbo, so I don't think I'll plan a trip to New Orleans any time soon. The halftime meal sounds awesome, and filling.

    ReplyDelete