Monday, January 18, 2010

Dear Ben: Save our Wedding!

I'm about to wrap up the 1st month of the TOG + Ben Folds wedding campaign. And while I haven't heard from Ben, don't be confused, I'm not quite ready to pack up and call it a day at campaign headquarters. Even though I was quite certain that a quirky photoshop and a heartfelt letter was enough to seal the deal, I'm quickly realizing that good things come to those that show great persistence. Nothing ever comes easy, and the past month has shown me that the saying rings true when trying to book super famous mega successful musicians. Who would have thought?

So, in another attempt to reach out to Ben, I'm posting my second letter right here on this post. As always, I'm also reaching out to you, Internet, to work your magical ways of getting this to Ben. Do what you do. You brought us Susan Boyle, Tay Zonday, piano cat.... there's no reason you can't bring us Ben Folds.

Dear Ben,
Hey man, it's Dave again. I think that I may have just missed a call from you. I just totally realized that my answering machine is out of tape. The problem is now they don't really make the message machines that take tape anymore, so it's a lot harder to replace the tapes than you would think and then figuring out how to hook the entire contraption up to an iphone, it's just difficult... anyway - you obviously didn't come here to hear about my 15 year old answering machine technology.

I'm going to get serious for a second, I need you to save our wedding. Last week we sat down and tried to financially figure out a lot in regards to our wedding. After crunching numbers for hours, I just don't see a bright future for our wedding reception music. We want a band, but it's just not looking like it'll ever happen. Then there's no dancing at our wedding, so nobody has fun, and I feel terrible. It's a wedding day disaster.

Remember way back when you were getting your starts and you would play small bars and venues like that, but it was some of the most fun you had. I imagine that would be almost identical to our wedding. The only difference is instead of an unappreciative smelly bar owner sending you on your way at night, you'd have nearly 80 wedding guests showering you with love, and whatever catered dessert we decide to have (we aren't having wedding cake... we just think there are other options we'd like more). This will be one of those feel good moments of your life where you go home happy and realize that you made a difference in 2 people's lives that will last forever. This could be part of your legacy. People will talk about this forever.

I guess that's all for now. As always, feel free to email me if you've got any questions OR if you have any dietary restrictions let us know and we'll make sure our venue makes something you can eat. We'll iron out all the details later.

Talk to you soon hopefully!,
Dave

PS.
We have a save-the-date we'd love to send you... let me know where to send it, and I'll get it in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. AnotherExcitedGroomInNCJanuary 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM

    You should maybe ask Billy Corgan. Maybe he'll bring his girlfriend Jessica Simpson, be inspired by your day, and steal the show by proposing to her on the spot! Folks would talk about THAT forever, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should maybe ask Billy Corgan. Maybe he'll bring his girlfriend Jessica Simpson, be inspired by your day, and steal the show by proposing to her on the spot! Folks would talk about THAT forever, too!
    sunglasses mp3

    ReplyDelete