Monday, July 2, 2012

How late is too late?

So I have to kind of tread lightly on this post...I don't want to divulge too much information...but I must say, I'm too curious for input not to post and get a little feedback from you all.

My question: How late is TOO late to complain to one of your wedding vendors?

I've told you about many great wedding vendors that I've had.  But I've kept my frustrations with one of them quiet.  That's kind of a "Sixth Sense" twist you didn't see coming, huh?!  Thought my wedding was flawless, huh?!  Well it was pretty fucking incredible, but looking back I have a complaint with something and it's kind of a biggie.

My intent of this blog isn't to point fingers or out someone for a job I wasn't crazy about, but rather to find out if I should say something to the vendor.  Ultimately I suppose there's no true benefit of confrontation- it can't change anything about our wedding day or deliver a better product to us.  However, I've had this lingering thought for a while that I should say something.  Maybe there IS something that can be done for us... I don't know.

I guess this is about as vague as a blog post can get.  I don't want to publicly flame someone or a company... but at the end of the day, I wasn't happy with a product that he/she/they/it delivered.  My wedding was nearly two years ago, but should I say something?  Is it too late to complain?  Should I just let it go?  What would you do?


PS. For those that are going to try to guess the vendor, I will give you one giant hint:  It is NOT CallawayGable.  I look back on my pictures daily and think about how great they are.  Hell, I look at pictures that they post of OTHER people's weddings and think about how great they are.  So if you are guessing in that direction, STOP IT!


11 comments:

  1. It cant hurt to tell the company what you thought. After all, whats the worst that can happen? You might not get a refund or anything, but they could well improve their business, meaning future customers dont have the same trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years ago? If it really was that bad, you should have addressed it a long time ago. Let it go!!

    http://www.classicmemories.com/dvd-slideshows.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, two years is kind of a while, but I know that we would prefer to know if any of our customers were unhappy about our products, even if it was a while down the line especially if they were able to clearly outline the whys and wherefors of what it was that had dissappointed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should say its never too late but u never want your vendor to become an enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is never too late to complain, you have your rights and claiming what is right is an assertive move one must pursue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though 2 years is a quite a long time ago, I think you would be doing the vendor / company a favor by sharing a feedback with them. You should do it with the spirit of helping them with a feedback instead of taking out your frustration on them. If one of my clients shared such a feedback, we would be happy to receive the feedback and correct ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos, blog posts and content is all great and I am not only speaking for this post but your posts that I have been reading on for the last few days. Great work & keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that 2 years is a quite long time, they probably will not remember that they host your wedding. Also don't take out your frustration and anger on them because will not help you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the blog posts and pictures here. I have been here a couple of times earlier as well and I like the information that you share here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, but 2 years is way to late, put it down to experience, and tell yourself next time you are not happy with a service, you will speak up sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah two years is quite a long time... realistically once you've paid for the service you can complain all you like because chances are you're not getting a refund and they've already been paid...

    ReplyDelete